Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Selamat Hari Raya!


 
I hope I am not too late to wish everybody Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!. May this festive season brings us closer. I believe every Muslims out there is still very busy with open houses and Hari Raya events throughout this month.

Related to this once in a year event, here, I would like to share some of my creative ideas that I did during Hari Raya. I am not (yet) rich enough to give each of you a green money packet but sharing my ideas in this post is an 'ang pow' from me to each and everyone!

Bunga kantan (torch ginger)...

...as a decoration - why not?

Other than raya cookies, children will love puddings...
...and snacks like this. I am using cake presentation plate & a unique ice bucket to serve the puddings and the snacks to the guests.

Instead of giving ang pow pack (or green packet for Hari Raya), I gave this to my close relatives for them to start saving their money.
 Indoor games can attract kids to sit still. As for the guests, they would feel like home.

Similar to what we usually find in mini markets.

Bottled drinks ready for the guests.

Pandan sponge cake with canned peach in syrup for the Marhaban group.

Interesting & creative way of cutting the watermelons.
Serving a simple old style syrup rose with ice - a moment that everybody is waiting!
Arrange some cushions on your extra space (if you have any) to prepare for those who bring babies to your house or...

...even for the kids to take a 15 minutes nap.
Try to use these ideas during your open house & I can guarantee, they will go again to your house next year, and the year after, and many more years after..

Selamat Hari Raya everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment